Who Knew Growing Up Could Be This Hard?

Who Knew Growing Up Could Be This Hard?

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Finding The Words...

This might be the third day you've been acting like this. I can't stand watching your tears fall. That day, in the car, what a fright you gave me. My memory is a blur but I remember almost everything. You were angry... frustrated... you were hurt. By what? I cant seem to figure that out. 

You wear a mask, hiding the pain with a smile. You never fail to convince the rest of the world, but you can't fool me. I know you more than you know. But, why aren't you telling me...? Right, of course. You're worried that whatever it is that is going on will interrupt me from my education and such. But what you don't know is... not telling me bothers me more.


Everyday, every minute, I wonder... Will everything go smoothly? Will whatever it is slide? Things have changed. I don't remember you listening to this much Adele. I don't remember you wanting to blast the radios. I especially don't remember having you wear sunglasses when the sun is not even up.


I know that you would say "this is non of your business" but indirectly it is. I am part of this too. You were there for me, holding on when I was about to let go. You were the one who picked me up when I was about to crash and burn. This time, I want to return the favor and I want to be there for you whenever you need me. But, you would most probably tell me "A way you can help is to not interfere at all." Well, at least that's what I have in mind... For now.


La Tahzan. Don't be sad. Something you have always thought me to do. I have tried, hiding my emotions with a smile. Always telling myself that it'll be alright, and always have faith in God. God is forgiving and God knows what we are feeling. God is there when we need him. Don't you remember? Now, its your turn. 


I love you with all my heart. I hope you know that well.